About Skill For Life
Skill For Life has been registered in terms of section 14 of the Companies Act, 2008 as a Non-Profit company with the following objectives:
- To seek funding for skills training of unemployed young people;
- Assist young people to be financially independent;
- Raise funds through donations and sponsorships towards training of the youth, entrepreneurial development and assisting the elderly and the vulnerable in renovating their dwellings.
In order to realise its objectives, Skill For life has partnered with Ekurhuleni Artisans and Skills Training Centre which was established since 2006 contributing immensely towards developing of employable artisans skills and transformed individuals from unemployable to proud skilled individuals.
Whilst Skill For Life will be concentrating on the objectives as set out above, Ekurhuleni Artisans and Skills Training Centre will be responsible for the following:
- Training of the beneficiaries as identified by Skill For Life in terms of the partnership agreement;
- Re-routing Practical Training to Communities where beneficiaries would have been identified by Skill For Life;
- Utilize their database of employment agencies to place the trained youth in the job market and
- Prepare Entrepreneurial Packages in partnership with Skill For Life.
Ekurhuleni Artisans and Skills Training Centre has successfully transformed the lives of at least 33 294 individuals (whom they trained in different skills) since 2006 and are very passionate to enter into this partnership with Skill For Life. For more information regarding Ekurhuleni Artisans and Skills Training Centre please visit their website.
With the help of Private industry and organizations Skill For Life intends in partnership with Ekurhuleni Artisans and Skills Training Centre to triple these numbers in appreciation of the intentions of National Development Plan to train at least 30 000 in Artisans Skills per year.
It is envisaged that Private Sector Companies and Organisations will assist in grooming future leaders whilst ensuring compliance with B-BBEE initiatives amongst which are the following:
- Skills Development, Entrepreneur Development and Social Development.
Donation is tax deductible. Skill for Life will provide your company with an 18 A certificate.